3.3.10

Choosing my Domain Name

Okay , the first step for creating my website is deciding on a domain name.
Now that I am completing a web development program I am still interested in establishing a home based business serving individuals and small businesses.

Although I still like the general concept of providing services that SHAPE your business or organization, using SHAPE as a business name is so not the new millenium. Most of all in this internet age I need a name that translates to a good domain name choice. General names like shape.com would be taken or for sale at a high price. I thought I'd use one of my unsual usernames, pinkturtle or 153fish as domain names for this novice developer's website. Well surprisingly both of those were unavailable as .net or .com. Too bad, I had some cool logo concepts and slogans to go with them. I'll save those in case I purchase pinkturtle.com later.

My criteria was .net or .com only, a memorable short name that inspired a visual representation and if possible a name that reflected both designing & social media. I couldn't believe 'butterbeans' was taken. After going through every crazy name for an available, I settled for designables.net. Actually I must give my son credit for creating this word defined as all the stuff, from websites to avatars, you need to design for your internet presence. It just didn't inspire anything visual for me. Well, I'd work with this for a student's portfolio for free lance. Taking advantage of Go Daddy's special price with hosting, I was paying less than $2 for the first year, I can always change if I get a sudden inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails