1.3.10

about me : purpose of blog

I am a student in the Computer Information Systems Department’s web development program at Strayer University. I this blog was established to journalize projects and communicate with other members of the web development community. My current goal is to establish a portfolio as I study advanced coding and graphic design. I am particular interested in applying current trends in social media to small business and organizations. I will be sharing my design process as I work on projects for school, clients and myself.

My first goal is study review current design techniques since Strayer’s program emphasizes information management database (Access/SQL) & programming classes (C++/Java) along with HTML/CSS. Fortunately I have a history of Art & Architecture. I learned to be a draftsman in high school vocational school and went on to be admitted to University of Tennessee’s highly regarded competitive School of Architecture. I married a Graphic Designer and started a family after my freshman year. That was back in the 80’s before CAD-Computer Aided Drafting and Photoshop. I mean I remember when copy and paste meant to copy and paste.

My first project is to create a simple website for myself that provides online contact and portfolio. Besides coordinating it with this blog I will be connected with twitter as well. I will be seeking opportunities to do web projects for others so I can exercise my skills and build up a portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails