3.3.10

How I got Here

Well I had a home business a million years ago registed as SHAPE Desktop Services offering miscellaneous computer based clerical services. The slogan was:

Get in SHAPE!
FORM Communication
MOLD Image
BUILD Your Business or Organization
Call SHAPE Desktop Services!


I'm looking at an old flyer which uses san serif font, primary colors on the primary shapes, square, circle & triangle in the design. I'd be way embarrassed to scan an show you, but I am sentimental so I've kept it along with a business card.

Primarily, I created very customized databases and did alot of mail merge to help investment reps manage their clients. I perform a broad variety of services utilizing Microsoft Oficce for people that were to busy to do it for themselves. Occasionally I created business logo here and there.Without any formal education in databases I became quite adept at design efficent sytems of manipulating information. Eventually I moved and ended up working for one person from my home creating a system to manage sales, leads, commissions, etc for his sales reps & telemarketers. Once he established his own website I got the bug to become a web developer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails