10.2.11

Nuli! Nuli! Project: Logo Design Sketches

Using Asian cultural objects as the concept, these very basic vector sketches are the first step
in the evolution of icons for your logo. Clients preferences run parallel to my own opinion. I thought
the Washu figure invoked “Nuli! Nuli!” (Work Hard!) as well. The next
step in the logo design process will be “photoshopping” one of these basic shapes and experimenting
with typography choices.

Lotus
The Lotus was not one of clients choices, but I had already started my idea as vector. It’s
simple symmetry and scalability makes it a suitable logo, icon or avatar image. Also
readable in black and white.


Chinese lantern
Another simple symmetrical shape that works for a logo, icon or an avatar. This simple
vector image could be used with some simple styling. My only concern was that it may
be mistaken for a Christmas ornament without detail. I have already begun a detailed
colored rendering for the lantern. I need to brainstorm about exactly how to incorporate
it on the page. I would need to work that out as I am determining the page design.

Yin Yang
This image has strong appeal from a design stand point. It can stand alone as a logo,
icon or avatar without text yet easy to incorporate with text. As a geometric shape, its
easily scaled up and down for other purposes. If necessary for black and white print, it
would read well in this pure form. The round shape is fits popular Web 2.0 styling for
icons.

Wushu
This is a rough photo shopped extraction. Although a simple silhouette is my intention
for the logo, I would need to clean up the edges and recreate as a scalable vector
image. (Current format pixilated)


Any of these concepts can provide a strong visual impact that conveys an instant
message about what your website is about while maintaining simplicity in the overall
web page layout. Let me know what you think of these preliminary shapes and
which ones you would like me to continue to develop.

I will soon begin the general CSS styling on the pages, reviewing the mobile device
constraints in order to plan how to incorporate logo and some minimal graphics for web
page design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails