3.11.10

Brainstorming ENP logo: Playing with Inkscape Tiled Clones


I was looking for a plain vector black arrow when I came across this arrow collage. Still inspired by the two main visual concepts of "people" and "arrow" to represent a slogan "Moving Forward and Up Together" as well as the stock photo below I thought of doing a collage of people in the shape of an arrow. Remembering an Inkscape tutorial, I used Tiled Clones and perspective to attempt the idea. The original tiling of people had to much uneven "negative" space which I couldn't figure out how to resolve with the Tiled Clone settings so I ended up having to hand tweek the placement of each clone.

Although I think my final graphic is a decent design, I don't think it functions well as a logo. Its too complex to translate to an avatar and may not show up well printed, etc. But at least I finally had a chance to test Inkscape cloning technique. My "people arrow" might be great graphic elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails