15.4.10

cut-out & shadow for stencil text effect

I  was very pleased with the prism effect on the circular geometric Digitica font. It is reminiscent of my SHAPE concept. It suggests a grid and a color wheel the basic tools for designer. Digitica even sounds like digidesign one the unavailable domain names I thought of. Now I needed to give the 2 dimensional prototype some dimension. In keeping with the tools of creativity, I thought I use a cut-out technique I'd seen on screencasters.heathenx.org to create look of a stencil. I followed the same steps pretty much except my black cutout gives the look of a prism light casting a shadow behind a grid.

Now the simplicity of the san serif 'Raleway' font looks quite appropriate to addition for the slogan that wont compete or conflict with the dominant Digitica text. So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails