10.4.10

designables logo inspired by Digitica font and color wheel

As much as I am attracted to the thin san serif "Raleway" font I just found at The League of Moveable Type its just to light for an eye catching logo. I have to realize although I am empressed by its sophiticated svelte prportions and cool 'w' my potential customers won't be impressed. They will see plain. So I decided to do a search for free fat san serif fonts. Joila! I find Digitica! Perfect for a geometric theme. I was thinking using graph motif as part of a geometrical theme that suggest designing. This font suggest both gragh as well as geometrical shapes. Its also way fat enough to xall kinds of text effects. Actualy th entymolgy of this made up word the fonts more like workiking with shapes -- reminecent  the business graphics of geometric shapes for my old busines SHAPE. In fact, I was inspired to use primary colors again on either a white or black background.  I got some criticism for I kept the "design" distingueshed, but my argued that the eintire word is unrecognizeable and too lng without the "design" being highlighted. In addition, using the entire word designables in Digitica font is too hard to read and too long. My first thought was to make each letter a different primary color. But as I looked at the color wheel of the Inscape I thought about creating a prism effect with the gradient tool. This is what I came up with. It could easily be swithed to white background with "ables" in black. Okay, I am really satisfied so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails